Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2015

A whole lot of ripping and some sewing ends in a finish

Chris surprised me on Friday with this little bit of sunshine to celebrate the arrival of spring. It was snowy and cold all weekend seems old man winter isn't finished yet.

After last weeks post, I got my act together and have spent time in my sewing room everyday since and I finished my Amethyst Cream quilt!

By Friday night I had all the blocks ready to go. It took a few hours to come out with the layout and started to sew them into blocks of 4 while watching the Glee finale. Started early Saturday morning and had the top done and basted by early afternoon.

Tried a few things with my embroidery machine. I didn't like the result (front looked great but back wasn't very neat) ripped the stitches out. Started straight line stitching got 1 of the 4 sections done, again I was unhappy with the result. I decided to sleep on it. Up at the crack of dawn Sunday morning, I made the decision the quilting took away from the quilt, so another 6 hours with my ripper. It was a heck of a lot of lines and backing is a light cream minky chenille which was a real pain. In hindsight I should have taken it down to my mom's where we could have visited and ripped them together in half the time.

Stitches all gone I tackled my quilt with chalk and rulers again. Finished the quilting while catching up on The Blacklist.

Last night after dinner, I got going on the binding. With that finished into the washer for a wash and fluff dry. I am so happy with the result. The girls are already telling me this quilt should be on the love seat in the family room (where they tend to camp out).

Had a hard time getting pictures, all our furniture is pushed to the middle of the rooms. We are in the middle of painting the entire first floor.







My hexies haven't seen much action. Next up wall hangings to go behind the bird cage. Our love birds are sweet but sooo messy! More on those next time.








No comments:

Post a Comment