Pages

Sunday 27 July 2014

Fun with Dick and Jane - Finished!

 My Fun with Dick and Jane is finished. I started this quilt June 30th and had the top done and sandwiched July 1st. I finally stopped avoiding it and quilted, bound and washed it yesterday. Took the youngest with me this morning and handed it over to mom.  ;)

It feels so good to have this done. I've discovered that after piecing my next favorite part is binding. Who knew! I get a real sense of accomplishment putting the binding on. Pictures turned out a bit dark for outside pictures. I was trying to take them when the sun peaked out from behind the clouds - we're expecting thundershowers all day. That's my youngest hiding behind the quilt in front of a small section of my parents back garden. I really need to start looking at labeling my quilts. I have to say this quilt turned out very light. Much lighter than my Puppy Love which surprised me. I wonder now if I should have doubled the batting. Either way I LOVE how it turned out (the pictures really don't do it justice)! It is so soft especially with the flannel backing.
 

Next to start are my daughters quilts. I want to try the Buzzsaw again (see my last post if you want to read about the troubles I had with that) before I start . If I still can't get it consistently I'm going to go with the Crazy quilt pattern. Another decision to make is whether or not I'm going to work on both simultaneously, or do one then begin the other. I know M's Carpenter Star is much more is more time consuming per block than R's no matter if I go Buzzsaw or Crazy quilt. They both have double (or full sized) beds but I think I'm going to make the quilts Queen sized.

I still have all the body pillows waiting for me to get started on and I bought some Christmas in July kits that were on sale, 2 are smaller full kits and a third is a block of the month. I hope to get the 2 smaller wall hangings done in time to put them up with our tree at the beginning of December. There is no way I'll have the block of the month done this year seeing it's one block for 10 months but I don't see why I can't have it done in time for Christmas 2015. They should be arriving any day - I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment